Thursday, November 20, 2008

this time I will win

Why do they have to make things difficult for me? All I am asking for is to get my maternity benefit. Is it not my right as a member of the organization?

What's wrong with them? Why do they even have to suspect that what happened to me was not a misfortune but planned?

I never wanted to have a miscarriage. Since the start of the year, my spouse and I have tried our best to conceive. We wanted to have a second baby so bad that I even nag him whenever I have my monthly period then. That is because I didn't want to have my monthly period at that time and wanted to get pregnant as soon as possible. How can they be so cruel?

Why do they have to deny me of my maternity benefit? Why do they have to insist that there should have been a histopath and then conclude that I must have had an abortion that's why I don't have that document.

How the h*ll will I know that I needed that document to get a maternity benefit? In the first place, I never expected that my second pregnancy will result to a miscarriage. For quite some time, I believed that I will be giving birth to a healthy baby girl come February or March 2009. Nobody in the family wanted to lose our most awaited baby girl, specially me. I even had a name for her in as early as two years ago.

I don't remember the last time I cried because of this miscarriage. But now, I can't help it. I tried to be strong and take what happens as a challenge. Yet, I can't deny that this brings back the pain in my heart. I am so hurt thinking that I lost my baby no matter how we tried to save her. Then now what? Some people in the government who know nothing but graft and corruption will have the guts to think that I will lie about my miscarriage.

God forgive me. May those people be spared from the sufferings in life like the ones I had to go through. May they find it in their heart to believe that a miscarriage is so painful. There's no need for anyone to make up such a story for the amount of P30,000.00. I'd tell you, I will give anyone all the money in the world if I can only have my baby back.

I did not complain when SSS asked me too many documents after I delivered Boris before. I knew I was entitled to my maternity benefit then but I did not push for it because what is important is that I have our Boris. It's just that this time, I did not even have the chance to hug my little baby to compensate for all the troubles that I had to deal with. My spouse and I are in debt after the medicines and hospitalization. That maternity benefit is supposed to pay our debts. There's no way that they will be denying me that.

I don't know what to do any more. I can't think well. All I know is that, I can't and will not allow SSS to give me so much pain and agony. I will fight this battle and will do everything to win this time. Enough of their silly ways. I did not become a student of my alma mater for nothing.

If this has to be a tough battle, so be it. God will help me win this, I know...



you can open this link to see if SSS is asking for histopath anywhere in the requirements to reimburse your maternity benefit after a miscarriage/ abortion/pregnancy:
http://www.gov.ph/download/sss/mat2.pdf



No comments: