Tuesday, January 27, 2009

promise

How do you feel when someone you know promise you something that he/she cannot keep?
I don’t know with you, but I feel very disappointed when that happens to me. I hate it when the promise given to me is not fulfilled. It affects my mood, because I tend to take it seriously. Why would I not? Aren’t promises supposed to be taken seriously?

I really hate it when I am expecting for some thing but the truth is I am expecting for nothing. Imagine, you believed someone’s promise to you and was expecting that it was, or is being fulfilled. But then, you will realize that you are a fool for believing that person because he/she has no intentions of keeping his/her promise. Aren’t you gong to be mad?

I am not a perfectionist. I know that there are instances that people tend to make mistakes. I understand that not all promises can be kept. In the same manner that we can not get every thing that we want. However, if the promise can not be fulfilled, the least that someone can do is advise that he/she can not fulfill his/her promise. Stop pretending. You are not just making a fool of other people by doing so, but is also making a fool of your self.

Some people think that they can always make a promise and have the option to disregard it. They feel that not keeping a promise won’t do any harm, because they can always say they’re sorry. They can always make an excuse that they are just human beings who are prone to mistakes. Yet, those people should realize that they are losing their credibility when they make a promise and then not keep it. They are losing people’s trust, specially of that person with whom they made a promise to.

Before making any promise, try to assess the situation. If you think that it’s hard to keep that promise, then don’t make that promise at all. A promise is a commitment which does not need any written documents, but is still a commitment. Which means that if you break your commitment, someone will get hurt.

Are you prepared to hurt people because of constantly breaking your promise? You decide.

No comments: