Monday, November 24, 2008

it's easier to have a loan

A colleague just got his checque from the SSS this morning. Funny, because I was thinking that it's easier to file a salary loan and have it approved by SSS than for me to get my maternity benefit from them. I asked him as to when he applied for the loan and he confirmed that he did it last week. Imagine, I was correct.

It's really easier to get a loan approved and to get your checque from SSS than for me to have my maternity benefit. They were asking for a lot of documents which are not even in the list of requirements for me to get my maternity pay from them. What's odd is that, to file a salary loan, you don't have to do it personally. All you have to do is to fill out the forms, sign them, and let your company representative do everything for you. Unlike in my case, I was asked to personally submit my documents and even appear for an interview with the doctor from the SSS.

How hard could they make things for me? Why do they have to ask for some documents not listed in the requirements? I just can't buy the reason that there are members who committed fraud with SSS that's why they ask for extra papers to be submitted. It's not my fault that they were fooled by other people that's why they're being so strict with me. It's not my fault also that my miscarriage occurred when I wasn't employed, thus, no company HR will be able to process the documents for me.

I hope that this will be resolved the soonest possible time. I just can't ignore what has been happening. This is too much of a worry for me. I've been a law abiding citizen since God knows when and I have always been supportive of the government. I may have had some issues with the previous administration but I had always believed in the government as a whole.

I hope that it will not take ages before they finally give me my most deserved maternity benefit. I am giving this a month more, and if nothing happens I think I will have to bring this to the Ombudsman. I don't deserve this kind of treatment. No one deserves this...

No comments: