Tuesday, April 7, 2009

D Notebook

Favorite movie: THE NOTEBOOK.

Browsing through different blogs and profiles of random people, I found this particular movie as one of the most common movies that come up in the list of their favorites. Apparently, in my 26 years of existence, I never got the chance to watch the said movie. I told my self that this must be a really good movie worth watching. I knew I had to see this.

A few days ago I downloaded this movie from the internet and watched it last Tuesday on my day off. I then realized, it is indeed a movie worth watching. It is not something really big. You wouldn't see superior visual effects or the likes. Was not even nominated for the academy awards. It was simply amazing based on the story itself.

While watching this film, I felt my self really into it. Its as if, I was the leading lady in Allison. When she was young, she was full of promises. A good person but rebellious in her own right. Passionate and very loving. But then when she got old, she had dementia that prevented her from remembering who she was as well as who her family is. I imagined my self just exactly like her.

It may sound not right, but it does get in my mind that there might be a time that I will be forgetting who I am or who my family is. I've been telling my spouse Barry that he should be glad that though I tend to forget a lot of things at my age, I have never forgotten that he is my spouse yet. It is some kind of a joke, but I do think sometimes that it's not impossible. I've been forgetful about a lot of small things since God knows when. In time, when I get old, I might just forget bigger things. If it does get happen, I'm afraid that my spouse would suffer the consequences more than anyone.

The movie ended with Noah and Allie holding hands while in bed, slept to death. Its a one in a million possibility that any couple can end up dying beside their partner. However, a lot of us do wish to die a peaceful death. And if asked who we will choose to die with, then it's better to die with the love of our lives. In that way, we will not leave our partner feeling the pain of losing the most precious person in their lives. More so in that case, since their children are old enough to take care of themselves, having families of their own.


Noah and Allie dancing when they got old

I know it could be a selfish thing to think of my spouse Barry getting through what the leading man Noah had to go through. He spent his life making sure that he would be able to give his love Allie everything that she wanted. He made sure he was there with her through thick and thin. Through all of the times that she did not know herself. He read to her their love story every chance that he got, hoping that she will eventually remember everything and they can live their lives the way they used to. So in love with each other.

Barry would never have to go through such. Hopefully, I would never have to go through what Allie had to go through. But then, if there's no way that I can prevent that from happening, I just hope that my son (or probably kids) are old enough to take care of him/themselves when that happens. I know I can't control what may or may not happen, but I do hope that whatever comes our way, my loved ones are brave enough to accept everything and live their lives the way they should.



--

No comments: