Monday, June 1, 2009

risk not worth taking

Never had I imagined that there will come a day when I will have to confront someone after discovering that she is trying to covet my spouse. For some reason, I believed that the only way that Barry will be looking at another woman is if he is drunk. I was even thinking that he can impregnate another woman if he got too drunk in the company of that person, and will not even be aware that he did it. But then, I was wrong. When it comes to temptation, he need not be drunk to entertain it.

The past week had been a realization for us. I realized that he is still a typical man who can be tempted by any other woman. (even if she is not good looking or smart) I realized that I am a typical wife who does things to annoy my husband which leads him away from me, and near another woman. I realized that my spouse, no matter how he loves me, can lie to me to hide that he is allowing another woman to fall for him.

It was hard to comprehend how things happened right under my nose. I was having some worries, and was really thinking that there was something wrong. Yet, I did not do anything. I was too confident that he will never replace me for someone like that woman. Well, he never really thought of replacing me. He was just not stopping her from showing him some affection. He just entertained her advances, because he was taking advantage of the situation as well.

Not that Barry really cheated on me. He did not sleep with that b*tch. He did not really love her. He just enjoyed the times wherein he had someone to talk to when he had problems. He felt good with the thought that some woman cares for and love him other than his wife.

They were eating together during lunch. They went home together as well, having to take the same LRT route. (not in the same house, of course) They were working at the same company. The woman was doing little favors for Barry like setting up his computer when he is not yet in and they are about to start. She was sending him some inspiring SMS, or comforting words. That woman, no matter how she denied, fell in love with my spouse. Barry, on the other hand, did nothing to stop her from falling because he felt good with what he got for it. That, until I intervened.

I was regretful that I did not anticipate that it could be close to reality. I hate it that I was too trusting and was too confident. However, as they say, it's better late than never. After all, I was not too late. I managed to stop whatever foolishness was happening, and might be happening.

I broke that woman's heart by letting her know that she can never take my husband from me. I made her realize that what she was getting into is wrong, and will never be resulting to anything good. Nonetheless, she should thank me for intervening before she gets too hooked up and used up. She could have ruined her life if she went on.

As for Barry, I know he learned from this as well. He learned that he loves me more than any other woman in the world. He learned that he should not take the risk of being too close for comfort with another woman, as this may lead to something else. I know that he was regretful that he all most fell into temptation. I know that he regrets that he all most cheated on me for another woman.

Both of us realized, that any other man or woman is not worth risking our love and our lives...

No comments: